Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Entertainment



With Christmas just around the corner, I decided to put together a list of Christmas movies.  If you have Netflix I'm sure you've seen plenty of holiday flicks to choose from.  I think most of them look pretty cheesy actually, but I decided to give one a shot last weekend.  I'm not going to say I wasn't disappointed either.  It was pretty lame.  So while there are plenty of those corny Lifetime type Christmas movies out there, I'm going to focus on the greats!  The first one that comes to mind is Home Alone.  See a clip here!I believe there are three of them in the series, but the first one is the best!  That along with Tim Allen's The Santa Clause trilogy are among my personal favorites.   Some others that are popular, but not necessarily high on my list include National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation featuring Chevy Chase, A Christmas Story, and The Nightmare Before Christmas.  I'm actually a bit confused on whether or not The Nightmare Before Christmas is a Christmas movie or a Halloween movie.  I should probably watch it before I go judging it.  Some of my family's favorites are Disney's A Christmas Carol and The Polar Express.  They are both excellent movies and I enjoy watching them with my family every year.  There are some Christmas movies geared toward only adults as well.  I haven't seen very many of them, but check out this blog for a more detailed description.  I'm not a big Will Ferrell fan, but his movie Elf seems to be very popular among my age group.  Of course we can't forget the classics!  Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life are always two that I can remember watching with my mom and grandparents.  The Christmas entertainment isn't only limited to movies though.  There are plenty of short cartoons which are traditionally aired on the major television networks each year.  Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and a newer tradition I've noticed is Arthur Christmas.  My 10 year old son finds the older traditional shows boring, but watches with me anyway.  It just wouldn't feel the same without those old classics.

2 comments:

  1. I love Rudolph and Frosty!! I can't wait to let my little guy watch them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Christmas a couple of years ago, my daughter gave me the Rudolph and Frosty classics. They know me so well. White Christmas, Miracle and It's a Wonderful Life are great ones as well. I am so happy that it is all Christmas music on my radio station now as well.

    ReplyDelete